Saturday, March 6, 2010

Project 365---running a little behind--WEEk 3 for me

This week was spent wondering if I can remember what a green summer looks like and wondering if the snow is ever going to end. It is the first of March and I am still trying to get my Christmas lights put away. The lights on the north side of the house are still buried deep in the snow.
Still trying to recover from a wedding, that involved sick babies in the hospital. Man I am tired. But the wedding was so wonderful. Such a wonderful spirit at the sealing. It felt so good.

I found some signs of Spring in my yard and cleaned out three flower beds that the snow had melted off of. I know neighbors thought I was probably crazy out doing yard work when the son is still a foot deep on the lawn. But it felt soooooo good. I also spent the week getting Easter displays done at the store.


I spent the last two Saturdays at Hannah's volleyball tournaments. she is really enjoying it and I have seen a side of her I didn't know existed. She is very competitive and really gets involved emotionally in the game.



As I drove home from Mancos today the sun rays hitting the snow was so beautiful. The world is so glorious at times. Isn't amazing that in times of chaos, life , tragedy there is still peace to be found.

Overall it was a pretty good week. Loved being outside whether it was going for a walk, yard work or taking down Christmas lights. It always feels good to get the seasonal stuff done at the store. I got to spend some time with Hannah doing something she enjoys. I also spent time tending the grandkids. Rye just needs a good talking to because he is a teenager.

4 comments:

kelley said...

sounds like you need a rest :) I loved the crocus the best--I'll bet you did too.

Jens and Patricia said...

Love that last picture, so pretty!

carol daniels said...

I love the "peaceful" picture... driving home from Mancos. The world is glorious! And I am also amazed at the peace we find admist chaos and life.

I am not surprised that Hannah loves sports the way you described. You have some very fun years ahead of you.

But for now, get some rest!

I look forward to seeing more pictures. I love the photo a day because it's also a daily journal. I hope I can get mine printed at the end of the year.

Heidi said...

Leslie these are such great shots!
I love the picture and the words of your last one. It is so very true. Your words were as much a picture as your picture was a story.

I hope that you will be able to find time to rest and recover, you deserve it!