I have always loved this picture of my kids. It tells so many stories. Did you know Jens is standing on the bricks behind him so he will be taller than Kassie.Mallory is sweet and quiet but remains an important part of our family. When she was a baby she brought so much peace to our home with her sweet calm personality. She is a wonderful mother and very loving with her children. She finds joy in Brody growing in the gospel.
Kassie has always been more vocal and says it like it is. She keeps us grounded. She is also full of fun and excitement. She has impressed me with how organized and careful she is as a mother. She takes care of details with her children and is working hard to make sure they are taught right.
Jens reminds me of my brother Bill. He is always a tease and looking for ways to have fun. As a kid he was hard to keep track of because he was always off somewhere organizing some kind of game with the neighborhood kids. He is a good father and husband and helps Patricia . He loves his children very much. He also impresses me with his knowledge of the gospel.
Rye is my naive, tenderhearted kid. Before he became a teenager he was always so tenderhearted and kind. He loves his family and wants to be with them all the time. He mourns when they aren't spending time with us. He is very impressive with his ability to understand how things work.
Kellen is quiet and thoughtful. As a grade school er he loved to read far above his age group. I loved having conversations with him about the gospel and other things. He was also very kind as a teenager. If he was going to the store to get him something to eat he always asked if there was anything I would like. He has always loved family history and his grandparents.
Hannah is our little conversationalist. She was very verbal from the beginning. She wouldn't go to sleep because she talked so much. She would drop off to sleep if she paused for a moment in her talking. She is very good help to me. She knows how to set tables for a funeral of 300 or more. She loves life and is for the most part very happy . She is good help to her Brother and sisters with their kids. She is a lot of fun. She gets along very well with older people. She has great empathy for grandma and all the pain she is in. She expresses often how hard it is to leave grandma and feels bad she is alone.
I love my children and I am very grateful for them. They are my friends.
"And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children."
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a wife and mother. My greatest desire is that my children find joy in the gospel and joy in keeping the commandments.
9 comments:
What a great post! You have some awesome kids.
...and I am quite fond of your brother, Bill--even if he is a tease! :)
We loved it all the way! we also got a bit of a laugh out of the quote...(you may want to fix it).
We love you too!
Thanks for the heads up. I was in a hurry to go visiting teaching and didn't read things over.
What a nice tribute to each of your kids. And I must agree! It's so fun to think about all their individual personalities and how they all come together to make a "family".
what a sweet post--yes, our children become our very best friends don't they?
Thanks Mom!! We do have a great family and I wouldn't change anything. Thanks for all you have and still do for us you have set a great example for us. I sure hope I get to live closer someday.
This was a wonderful post about your children. I love learning more about my family. Thanks for sharing!
I don't know your children very well, since they're all a lot younger than me, but from what I have seen they are some super people. I think you and Lyle have a lot to be pleased with! Fun, sweet post.
Very beautiful post. You do have some great kids. I enjoyed Kellens visits when he worked in Tremonton. I am so happy for him and that he is now married. :)
Post a Comment