Friday, October 3, 2008

General Conference

We have all our kids here, except Kassie and her family, which we miss very much. We have a tradition of having , waffles with strawberries and whip cream, sausage, bacon, and Orange Juice for breakfast( courtesy of Lyle) on Sunday morning while we watch General Conference. The kids seem to want to be here, I really enjoy being together. Baylor has been so cute and fun. Mallory and Patricia coached me while I painted and glazed the built-in in our kitchen remodel. It turned out pretty good and is close to the look of the cabinet.

I love General Conference. I love hearing the words and counsel of our Prophets and apostles. It goes along so well with this time of year as we enjoy the bounty of our gardens. We also are spiritually well fed during this time. I hope you all enjoy conference and feel uplifted and encouraged during this Conference.

9 comments:

whitefamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitefamily said...

YUM! Leslie, we are coming over for breakfast on Sunday.
I am so anxious for conference. I love this time of year to hear the councel from our loving prophet and other leaders of our church.

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Thanks for reminding me of what I am missing out on, just kidding. Hope you guys have fun. I want to see pictures of the kitchen.

kelley said...

I love conference as well--I'm listening all day today while I do the laundry and sew. We also have a tradition of Waffles on Conference Sunday. The kids love it--it seems to rate right up there with christmas. RaeLynn has to work this Sunday and is really feeling bad about missing conference and waffles. I guess the saying is true, "If you feed them well they will stay". The Lord feeds us well and that's what keeps us coming back for more. We must be smart parents to associate our childrens memories of conference with yummy food! To be well fed twice in a day is pretty memorable.

P.S. check out Rae's fall poem on our blog.

whitefamily said...

Leslie,

I know I have already left a comment on this post, but you have inspired me to start a tradition for my family. I'm going to make a delicious breakfast before conference tomorrow morning! I can't stop thinking about your breakfast tomorrow. I must be craving breakfast food ;) So, I'm heading to the store to get some ingredients that I don't have on hand. I'm going to try out your waffles with whip cream and strawberrys. I can't wait. I haven't made waffles in a LONG time. Enjoy your breakfast! I know I'll enjoy mine! Thanks for the idea. Also, I love the comment Kelley left!

Jamie

Kelsey said...

I too will start a tradition of breakfast on conference morning. Though I do not think I have a waffle maker, or do I? I like Kelleys comment also.

Mike and Audrey said...

I enjoyed general conference. one of my favorite ones was the very first talk on saturday morning where it talked about what we needed to survive: food, water, shelter(I can't really remember if it was shelter or not?), and fuel. Then he talked about the spiritual fuel that we need! I enjoyed many others as well.

So Mike and I also were inspired to have waffles today! It most likely wont become a tradition but it was good anyway.

cad said...

I like your family tradition of waffles on Sunday morning of Conference. I actually had pancakes, bacon, egg, and squash this morning. It was nice because I haven't been able to fix me a nice breakfast in awhile because of the early morning farm work. I was also spiritually fed with the conference messages from our apostles and prophet. I can't wait for the Ensign to read them over again. Leslie, your kitchen is shaping up. I love your cabinets! I will enjoy seeing the end result with everything completely in, including the french doors. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

i love conference also. I always want to re committ myself to grow more spirtually during conference time. It certainly gives me hope.
Jen