Kitchen before tear out. Cabinets were put in in 1969. Still in really good shape but they do not function very well. White built in original to house. House built in 1945. Kitchen in process of being gutted.
Plaster walls fell apart and were crumbling where the cabinets were taken down. The contractor did and excellent job of repairing them. New cabinets are in. I love them. Notice the hood that will be over the range.
Looks beautiful, though I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. The hood is a nice accent. I love it.
I love it so much that I think you should come be a consultant when I start to remodel my house. It was built in 1916--nearly 100 years ago. It is a beautiful home, but really needs some updating. I can't afford to fix everything that is wrong with it, but some paint and new floors would sure go a long way.
Wow! Leslie, everything looks great! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. I'm so excited for you. We had a nice visit with Jens and Patricia when they stopped by with the check. Little Baylor is so happy. It was fun to see them.
Wow! It's looking great! I love the white cabinets. I agree with Kerstina, "The hood is a nice accent." Great job! I can't wait to see the finished product of your cute home!
It's beautiful! Did you design your kitchen around the white built in? I love the built in and glad you kept it! Your gonna love it! Your home is so cute and comfortable! I felt that way the last time I was there. For Kassies reception!
The whole kitchen was designed around the built-in. I always wanted a kitchen with Cherry wood cabinets. I went to a house here in town where they had left the built in and put in some beautiful oak cabinets. I hated it. It looked to much like old, with the new. So I went with the white cabinets, but I love them. They are a off white with a brown glaze over them. They turned out really nice.
I just remembered, I was talking to my friend the other day. Her daughter also has a history major. She is now a curator of a museum in Salt Lake. She said Kellen could get a job at any museum with his degree. Apparently there are entry level jobs and then you work up to being a curator.
10 comments:
I LOVE it mom!! I am so glad you went with the white, can't wait to see the finished product. Does the kitchen feel bigger?
Looks beautiful, though I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. The hood is a nice accent. I love it.
I love it so much that I think you should come be a consultant when I start to remodel my house. It was built in 1916--nearly 100 years ago. It is a beautiful home, but really needs some updating. I can't afford to fix everything that is wrong with it, but some paint and new floors would sure go a long way.
Anyway, the new cabinets look great.
Wow! Leslie, everything looks great! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. I'm so excited for you. We had a nice visit with Jens and Patricia when they stopped by with the check. Little Baylor is so happy. It was fun to see them.
Wow! It's looking great! I love the white cabinets. I agree with Kerstina, "The hood is a nice accent." Great job! I can't wait to see the finished product of your cute home!
It's beautiful! Did you design your kitchen around the white built in? I love the built in and glad you kept it! Your gonna love it! Your home is so cute and comfortable! I felt that way the last time I was there. For Kassies reception!
WOW! Looks awesome. You will be so happy when it is all complete. I've been there done that in Montana. It's alot of work but well worth it.
Jen
Rachel,
The whole kitchen was designed around the built-in. I always wanted a kitchen with Cherry wood cabinets. I went to a house here in town where they had left the built in and put in some beautiful oak cabinets. I hated it. It looked to much like old, with the new. So I went with the white cabinets, but I love them. They are a off white with a brown glaze over them. They turned out really nice.
Leslie,
I just remembered, I was talking to my friend the other day. Her daughter also has a history major. She is now a curator of a museum in Salt Lake. She said Kellen could get a job at any museum with his degree. Apparently there are entry level jobs and then you work up to being a curator.
oooh I love it. I love the cabinets. Very nice. Don't you love to remodel? I actually don't like it myself but I love to see it when it is done.
Leslie,
Your kitchen is going to be beautiful! I love the cabinets and your hood is gorgeous!
thanks for all your comments on my blog.
Post a Comment