Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SIMPLE PLEASURES

1. Baylor's excitement to see me.

2. The things kids say. ( Brody came over the other day and I said , "Come here Brody so I can give you a hug". He said, "Your'e not my mommy"

3. Getting a new church calling. I can't tell you yet because I haven't been sustained.

4. Watching exhauseted young mother's juggle their children and glad that it isn't me. Although I enjoyed that stage of life when I was there.(Do you ever wonder how we survived those years?)

5. The heat of the day and the cool of the night that lingers into the early morning hours. I love it when you can start to feel the wheater change from summer to Fall.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

kids do say funny things.. I Love the cool nights we are having right now. Completely satisfying!

kelley said...

yes I'm glad I'm past that stage, I do love my grandkids and the funny things they say. Good luck in the new calling. I love the seasonal changes too. It has been cool enough for a blanket at night.

janelle said...

I sure wish there was some relief from the heat here too... I'm really getting sick of being so hot all the time.

Heidi said...

I love reading your posts, you have such a way with words. Some days I can't wait until I the one not juggling the little kids. Kids are a hoot aren't they.

carol daniels said...

How well I remember those days! I wonder how we did it, too. I can feel a change in the air, and am loving it totally. And, what would we do without kids! I am anxious to hear what your new calling is... let us know soon.