Sunday, August 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RYE!











Rye turns 14 today. I can't believe it. He is our miracle baby. We had been trying for 10 years to have another baby. With fasting and praying, a miscarriage in between, and a surgery we finally got him. I dreamed about him years before I concieved. I knew what he looked like before he was born. I knew he was going to have red hair and was very happy about it. A unique thing about Rye is he can remember being born.

As a small child Rye was very tenderhearted, easy going, and has always loved the outdoors and taking care of animals. One day when he was three I couldn't find him. I frantically searched the neighborhood. When I was about to call the police for help I saw him walking up the sidewalk. He said he went to the store to buy a pop but he couldn't because he didn't have any money. Rye has always loved being outside. We were in Price one day and he was outside helping Grandpa burn weeds. When he came in he said, "This is the best day of my life

Rye has brought us alot of joy. He is good a baseball, loves the drums, and likes to ride bikes, He plays basketball and football. He is not the best teenager though and we miss out sweet calm Rye. Hopefully when puberty is done he will return.


Happy Birthday Rye!

3 comments:

kelley said...

happy birthday Rye--I remember when you used to come to my house to play and eat ramen noodles with RaeLynn. Have a good day.

janelle said...

Happy 14th Birthday Rye!! That's so funny that burning weeds was the best day of his life. Little boys love their grandpas!

carol daniels said...

Happy Birthday Rye! I love the last picture of Rye. He looks reflective. Puberty wouldn't let him do that, would it! Hope you get your sweet calm Rye back sooner than not.