Monday, March 2, 2009

ANGELS AMONG US

TONIGHT FOR FHE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT PREPARING OURSELVES FOR THE DRAPER TEMPLE DEDICATION. I TOLD THE KIDS ABOUT JENS AND SEEING THE ANGELS. WHEN JENS WAS ABOUT FOUR YEARS OLD WE WENT TO SOME PROGRAMS THEY WERE HAVING BEFORE THE REDEDICATION OF THE MANTI TEMPLE. THEY HAD CHOIRS SINGING ALSO THEY HAD THE YOUTH DO SOME DANCES. KELLEY HAD TOLD JENS ,THAT WHEN EVER '"THE SPIRIT OF GOD LIKE A FIRE IS BURNING" IS SUNG THAT THE ANGELS SING WITH THE CHOIR. SHE TOLD HIM IF HE LISTENED VERY CLOSELY THAT HE MIGHT SEE OR HEAR THE ANGELS. MOM WAS SINGING IN ONE OF THE CHOIRS. THEY WERE ASKED TO DRESS ALL IN WHITE. WHEN MOMS STAKE CHOIR CAME OUT TO SING, JENS STARTED YELLING," I SEE THE ANGELS , THERE THEY ARE, I SEE THE ANGELS." iT WAS SUCH A PRECIOUS MOMENT. OH THE FAITH OF CHILDREN. IT STILL WARMS MY HEART TO THINK OF THAT MOMENT.

9 comments:

kelley said...

We were just looking at pictures of the rededication celebration last Sunday. I remember Jens saying that, and it was and is just precious. We are going to the Draper Temple Open House on Saturday March 14th.

Jens and Patricia said...

That is so cute.

Nat said...

That is so sweet!

Ellen said...

Leslie, that is so sweet, you never shared that with me. It was very special time for me. I felt like am angel, and yes, there were angels singing with us. (maybe that's why I feel so close to Jens.) or he's such a fun kid. The Temple calling is the best. You are pretty near to Heaven and you sure feel great Love there. especially for you Eternal Companion. I pray all of you can have that privelege. I always thought when I was serving on a post in the Temple and watched people greet each other, that is what Heaven will be like. I can't wait. Love Ya'all

cad said...

That is a faith promoting experience for both young and old alike. I think there must have been many angles there that day.

Anonymous said...

That is so tender. We always knew Jens was a cutie!

KT said...

I remember that! It was one of the most amazing experiences I remember from my childhood. The angels really were singing.

When I think of visiting Manti as a child, that is the first thing that comes to my mind. The second is RUNNING DOWN THE BIG HILL. I also remember being really disappointed that we couldn't that day because of all the people there.

That was a fun trip!

Kelsey said...

Cute story. I remember going to that. I was eight years old. It was very special. I know of one time the angels really did sing. At Grandpa's funeral. When the Grandkids practiced before hand we really didn't sound too good. But during the funeral we sounded like angels. I kept choking up so I knew I wasn't singing. I kept looking around to see where the sound was coming from. I know that we had help.

Leslie said...

I think the angels sang with you on that day also. It sounded so beautiful. I think alot of angels were around when grandpa died because of all the geneology he did.