Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tag by Jenny

Jenny tagged me about church callings. Right now I am secretary in the Stake R.S Presidency. I am enjoying this calling very much and I am getting to know some wonderful ladies. I am also still in the nursery in our ward. I love the nursery and enjoy the little kids so much. I was nursery leader till they put me in the stake now I just fill in when one of the other leaders can't be there. I love the nursery. Lyle was released from the Bishopric last May and put back in to teach Gospel Doctrine(He always lands back in there for some reason), but he just received , this month, a new calling. He is a High Councilman. He is over the Bluff Branch. He will be going to Bluff about every Sunday. The kids and I will attend with him occasionally. I think it will be a very good experience for him. He says it is like being in the Mission field.

6 comments:

Nat said...

That's cool. I also teach Gospel Doctrine, but I teach the teenagers. It is the best calling ever. Clint and I are also our ward's Cubmasters.

Anonymous said...

Wow. i didn't no this about you and Lyle. i am glad you posted. You both are sure needed in the gospel. What great examples you are!

kelley said...

a dry councilman heh! Are we aging or what?

cad said...

You are always busy, which is good. How far is Bluff from Blanding? That should be a good experience for your family to travel together, listen to Lyle talk, and share good times together. Congratulations to both of you on your new callings!

Leslie said...

When Lyle got the calling the first thing he said to the Stake President was, "Am I that Old?" There was alot more involved in High Council than I thought, He has alot more duties than just talking. It was a very humbling experiece. CAD Bluff is about a half hour away. They are having a dinner this Sunday . I guess after every fast Sunday they have a dinner together. So we will be going this Sunday. I have attended Bluff Branch before with my stake callings. It was always a wonderful experience. The hymns, prayers and some of the talks are given in Navajo.

cad said...

That reminds me of when we lived in Colorado. I really loved it there. After every stake conference, and in the middle of General Confernece broadcasts, everyone would get together in the cultural all and eat pot luck dishes. It was such a wonderful experience. Living in an area with few church members provided opportunities to make each other "family". We were a close knit group. Living in northern Utah is nice but the wards are so large that not everyone has an opportunity to serve. I remember coming back from Washington and telling the bishop I was ready to get to work, and he said "there are no callings available at this time". You are lucky to live in a small area where you have so many opportunities to serve.