Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The "BOM"

Thanks to Kerstina for the "BOM", I loved it. But I think I will call the Pres. the "OBOM". BOM will always be the Book Of Mormon to me. I listened to his speech tonight. I have to agree he is very articulate and speaks well. There were some things I agreed with and somethings I did not at all, such as the bailout and those things presented on the economy. Some things he plans to do with the military were good but some really troubled me. I thought his most profound comment was, "We are a nation built on values, living our values does not make us weaker. It makes us safer and stronger." I wondered does he realize what he just said? Does he know what values our nation were built on. How can he give 460 million to government funded abortions? But I agree that is where we become stronger and safer, is by living our values. I am grateful for those values taught in my home. The value of honesty. By trying to be honest It has kept me free from the entanglements of deceit and all that dishonesty can lead to. The value of chastity has kept me free in a lot of ways. For one it is possible to go through life with out a STD. I hate those herpes commercial. They make it appear as if it affects everyone. The value of The Word OF Wisdom. How grateful I am not a slave to alcohol and drugs. Seeing how it destroys and affects a loved ones life is devastating. Or having to watch a neighbor spend a year trying to learn to walk again while she mourns the death of her three year old baby because a teenage boy thought it was fun to get high and it wasn't all his fault because he was drunk and his judgement was not right.There were many values I learned in my home and how grateful I am for that , they have kept me safer and made me stronger. Hopefully all Americans heard those words and we will strive harder to have better values and live them. So "Yea" for the "OBOM" on that one.

4 comments:

kelley said...

You must have gone back to Carol's blog and read Kerstina's comment. I'll call the president "OBOM" too. I started watching but then Jennifer came so we had a little party--gift opening and smoothies. So I missed most of it. I think the most important thing is to keep living those "values" as you said, be a good citizen and pray for our leaders always. I did notice that "OBOM" paid a compliment to Orrin Hatch, I don't think Mr. Hatch was expecting that--when the camera panned to his face, he had a look of "how about that? That was unexpected."

I enjoy your posts, they are so passionate!

Nat said...

I missed the speech, too. We were partying!

I completely agree with what you said about values. The Gospel doesn't restrict us; it makes us free.

cad said...

I am grateful for the good parents that instilled the values they had, in me. When I am living those values (founded on gospel principles), I feel safe and free, too. I don't think "OBOM" understood what he said! Did someone else write his speech for him?

Anonymous said...

I am with you on every word you said! I pray that God will protect our Country and some how instill values in OBOM. What ever happens with our Country we have one thing that many choose not to have. The most important being The Savior who will always be there for each and everyone of us. If we all had the same passion for the Gospel and the Savior as we do political leaders we would never have gotten to this point. We must remember that we were put on this earth with the gift of free agency. We all know that times will have to become tough in the end. We cannot prevent the evils from happening, but we can prevent ourselves from being a part of them. Let's all put our trust in the Lord. Let's study him and his words. Let us be an example to the world. Our actions and our testimonies will be more of a positive influence than any negative political energy! God know the beginning, he knows the middle, and he knows the end. Do as he has asked and no matter the outcome we will blessed.