What goals to you hope to achieve this year?
Hmm? I didn't set any goals this year because I didn't want to be disappointed. But if I were to set some goals----
Read my scriptures and say my prayers daily. I used to be really good at this. I loved reading every morning. I would spend a least an hour and was always sad when it was time to move on with the day. It is a quiet time I get to spend with the spirit. It teaches, testifies, guides and lifts me. I love reading the scriptures.
Loose some weight. I hate setting this goal because it stresses me and I always gain weight. So maybe I should just set a goal to become more healthy by changing my eating habits.
Pay closer attention to the spirit and be more aware of others around me. I believe social media has affected something I use to be really good at. I would like to regain that gift.
Spend more time with my grandchildren. Time is flying by and soon they won't want to spend the time with me.
A few things I would like to get done this year.
paint a few pieces of furniture
reupholster a couch
organize and clean my garage
3 comments:
I can truly say that I learned how and when to best read the scriptures from you. Those quiet early morning hours you spent with scriptures in hand... I will never forget because I have tried to pattern my own scripture habits after yours. It doesn't always happen first thing in the morning, but I choose a time that I know I will have no interruptions. I absolutely run from the t.v. if Dave turns it on in the morning. I tell him I don't want my mind cluttered with world matters. The spirit is strongest when it is quiet and we can ponder and listen.
And, I think you are right about the diet thing. Don't concentrate on losing weight. It will always disappoint! I lost all my weight last year by counting carbs and that made me eat healthier. The weight just kept coming off. I have gained about 9 lbs of it back so I'll be doing some more carb counting. Actually, I am looking forward to it.
This will be fun to get to the end of the year. Maybe we can reflect on our goals. Any accomplishment is an improvement in my book. We don't need to be perfect, just aware and trying. I loved all your posts Leslie. I'm looking forward to every month's posts. Thanks for doing this with me! You are already ahead of the game!
I'm with you, setting goals leads to disappointment. I try to avoid that. I tend to pick projects, I'm better at that.
Kelley--- I love that, Projects. I am good at planning projects but setting goal is hard for me because if I am not achieving them I get discouraged. But I can handle projects.
Post a Comment