What goals are you actively working toward right now?
Like I said in my first posts on goals and achievements I have not been very good at setting goals for quite a while. I liked the thought of being flexible and kind of living in the moment.
I would say that goals I am working on right now is this new project of 52 stories. It will be a good way to write down some of my life stories and memories. I used to be really good at keeping a journal and haven't been very good for a few years. Hopefully this will get me back in to the habit.
I guess my biggest goal right now is trying to help all my kids through this life. It is the most important thing for me to do. I take all the moments I can to share my testimony and the gospel with them. I help by tending and taking care of the grandkids. I try to make my self available for Hannah and all my kids to help in any way I can.
I would like to start being more focused on learning to cook healthier meals and create a healthy life style.
I guess my biggest goal that I try to actively work on daily is doing all I can to work toward Eternal Salvation and to do all I can to bring my children and grandchildren to Christ. This is in my constant thoughts and is the most important thing to me. I hope I can be a good example to them. I know this is where we will find our greatest peace and happiness.
I find that with this goal in my mind constantly helps me achieve other goals without having to have them on my mind all the time.
2 comments:
I totally agree with you. Having the thought of bringing your family to Christ constantly in your mind will keep you focused on your ultimate goal. That of eternal life with your family. I am reminded of Elder L. Tom Perry's counsel to me when Kelsey, Audrey and I went and saw him. He said we must continue to teach our children, and grandchildren the saving principles of the gospel. That responsibility never ends. It is our duty. Sharing my testimony and creating memories with my family is very important to me, as well. I want them to know the source of all happiness and joy in this life and in the life to come.
I could not be happier to hear that a goal for you this year is to participate in the #52 stories. Reading your posts, and Patty's and Kelley's will be a source of great strength to me and will help increase my own faith and testimony. Thanks for sharing your testimony so often. You really don't know what it means to me!!!
I'm working on getting my memories out of my head and journals so I can get the information to Alisa. We are making a good team. I tend to ramble when I write and she cuts out the unimportant stuff and actually makes my life story good reading. I'm hoping to see a finished copy of my story before I'm dead. Then someone can write an epilogue if they want to. I started the 52 stories last year and that's how I got as far as I am in writing my personal history. I thought it would be an easier way to do it. I also improved my scripture study and study of church materials over the last few years by including them in my yearly reading goals on my blog. It helped a lot to record them weekly and see how I was progressing. I intend to continue even though I closed my blog in January. And I agree, the most important thing of all is to pray for family although I have found that I have had to shift my focus to myself in order to help them. I can't really change things for them, I can only try to lead by example. I'm trying very hard to repent and put my own house in order. I really enjoyed reading your posts today. It was the first time I've been able to sit at the computer. since Christmas.
Post a Comment