Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Down and Out

AND THIS LOOKS GOOD. I have had a horrible painful week. On Thursday night I had a tooth start hurting. I knew there were no dentists in on Friday so I thought I would have to tough out the weekend and wait till Monday. Saturday I wasn't feeling well at all. Then Sunday I was really sick. I threw up all day and slept all day. I felt horrible. Sunday night I was in so much pain that tylenol 3 wouldn't even touch the pain. I spent the night holding my cheek and rocking like mom does when she is in pain. When I got into the dentist on Monday he was upset with me and said I should have called him. The abscess had turned in to cellulitis which is very dangerous. The bump on my jaw and cheek is rock hard and is hot to the touch. In my neck there is fluid and you can see it move under the skin. They have drained infection twice so it has gone down a little bit but because it turned to cellulitis the infection won't drain now. It has been very painful and they have watched me close. If the celluitis moves anymore I will probably have to go to the hospital and have Iv antibiotics and where they can watch me close so my airway doesn't get blocked off. It looks better this afternoon but is still quite painful. So if you get a toothache go to the dentist right a way. I had to learn the hard way. I will probably have my bump for a couple of weeks. It will take a while for the antibiotics to dissolve it away. I didn't know a tooth ache could be so dangerous.

6 comments:

kelley said...

how awful--take care of yourself!

Heidi said...

Oh I am so sorry! That looks so awful and painful. I would have done the same thing you did, when the dentist's not there you don't exactly think of calling them at home. I hope that it all get's cleared up and that you will be ok. Keep us posted! And I hope you get feeling better soon.

Rachel said...

Oh that is horrible. I remember Cody's mom got an abcess. It was so infected. It probably turned into something more. She had to have a drain in her mouth for 4 days. her whole face was twice as big as normal. As well as her neck:( So they are very miserable. I hope you get well soon!

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

I sure hope you get feeling better soon, there is nothing worse then having your mouth hurt.

Nat said...

Yikes! I hope you get feeling better!

carol daniels said...

Oh Leslie, how awful! That is just plain scarry. I didn't know something like that could happen, either. You are the first person I know to experience such a horrible ordeal. I hope it is getting somewhat better now.

I am in Las Vegas with Dave and finally have some time to check blogs. Sorry I haven't checked in sooner with you.