Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Rye, Hannah and I had a spontaneous moment tonight. I called the kids to come up to bed. Rye said he was going to go outside and walk in the snow for a few minutes. Hannah and I decided to join him. We had a fun night sliding on the road and going for a walk. It was after 11:00 p.m. when we got home. But it was well worth the time. It felt like Christmas to me. When I was little the first big snowfall of the winter we would all go running down Haycock Lane sliding and rejoiceing in the beauty of winter. What wonderful memories.





Brody and Baylor are ready for Christmas.





The big Christmas tree hunt.









Cutting the trees.







Rye trying to run with the big boys creamed it.















The tree hunting crew.









The pictures are a little backwards because this is where we start. The caravan going to look for the tree.
I have to tell a funny on Rye. For FHE we were watching home videos. Hannah was about eight months old and Rye was nearly four. We had the camera on Hannah who was being cute by squealing. Rye kept trying to knock her over, he would roll into her and take things away from her. While Rye was watching this on the video he said, " Man , I want to hit him". So funny! He was frustrated at himself.









4 comments:

kelley said...

What a fun evening--I remember those tree hunts fondly. My tree hunt consists of going to the closet under the stairs *sigh*

carol daniels said...

I can't believe how beautiful the first snowfall is! It always makes my heart swell with vivid memories of those wonderful years in Spring Glen as a youngster. The tree hunts, sleding, drinking hot chocolate, decorating the tree... oh, what sweet memories!

It's fun to build memories and traditions with our kids now. It looks like you are enjoying life in Blanding. Merry Christmas!

carol daniels said...

By the way, Leslie, I just read on Kelley's blog that you are going to be reading "21 days closer to Christ". I read it earlier this year. You are going to absolutely love it! I followed her instructions at the end of each day and journaled about it. It made a huge difference in my life at the time. It's going to be a wonderful way for you to countdown the days to Christmas. I think I will have to read it next year, again, for my countdown to Christmas. Let me know what you think.

kelley said...

about Saturday with mom--

I had a really fun day with mom. She was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy herself all day long. I think she did like the shopping trip--she really needed some new dresses for church. Carol and I had a fun time helping her try things on. I think she really liked riding int the truck. She was worried about getting in it but she did just fine and it is a lot more comfortable than the car. I think all in all she had a really good day--I think she really enjoyed going to the temple with everybody.