Monday, September 28, 2009

Simple Pleasures

1. A great weekend with Family.

2. Kellen Happy!

3. Good food. Lyle made biscuits and gravy, french toast with blueberries on Saturday Morning.

4. Spending a nice day with Hannah. She wasn't feeling well so I took her to Halls Crossing at Lake Powell with me. We had a nice time. We walked out to the Marina and shopped at the little store . We stopped at some Indian Ruins and some of the Mormon, Hole in the Rock trail sights. It was a good day for both of us. I think something we both needed.

5. Cool crisp fall weather. Leaves turning gold and red. I love Blue Mountain in the fall. I love watching the gold leaves gently gliding down off the weeping birch in our backyard. I love watching the leaves dance down the street with a small gust of wind. Yeah Fall!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun weekend! I wish I could get my husband to cook me breakfast! Where did I go wrong????LOL....

kelley said...

what a fun weekend--ooh you teased with "Kellen Happy"

where are the details?

Call me :)

Carly said...

I love your simple pleasures. That description of fall was beautiful. And I'm so glad you got a day out with Miss Hannah. Tell her hello from me!

Nat said...

I love fall, too!

Patty said...

I am glad that Kellen is happy. What are his plans.

Leslie said...

My neighbors little girl today said, "the leaves are dropping off the trees. I guess it is falling time." So Cute!

Danny And Tanya said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend everyone needs one of those.

Heidi said...

What a great week of simple pleasures! I love birch trees too. And Fall is my favorite time of year.
Kevin cooks breakfast every once in a while. It's great to have the help.

carol daniels said...

Kellen is happy! How exciting for all of you....what does that mean? It sounds like you and Hannah had a spectacluar weekend. I love the changing weather and beautiful colors of the leaves right now. I loved how you described it.

cad said...

Leslie,

I have tried to find the book "If I should Die" at both Deseret Book and Seagull Book. It is not in their systems. Do you have any idea where else I could look? I am intereted in reading it.

Leslie said...

It was published by Horizon books. I will see if I can find it anywhere.

Danelle said...

Whenever I think of autumn in b-town, the first things I picture are the giant trees at W & R Palmer's house and the giant piles of leaves the neighborhood kids gather up. I never drove down Main Street without seeing one of their children on the front lawn with a rake...like a Norman Rockwell painting or something. It's beautiful up where I am right now. I LOVE the crisp weather, even when it's THIS chilly.

Autumn is for sure a simple pleasure with complex design.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Kellen! Any proposal yet? I am glad you got to spend the day with hannah. SOmetimes we just need those days with one another! I love your Pic of Lyle and the kids! Very cute.