Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kellen is Engaged

THE LAST TOMATO PICKING OF THE YEAR.
SIGNS OF FALL IN THE NIELSON'S YARD.













1.I guess we have a one big simple pleasure this week. Kellen is engaged to Lydia Ryan. No date has been set. We are very happy for both of them and excited to have Lydia in our family.

2. The fall colors are beautiful right now. We had a nice rain this morning. And the wind , lightly blowing brings the leaves fluttering off the trees. Fall Feels Good!

3. Had a wonderful fireside Sunday. Gerald Lund, Authur of the 'Undaunted', talked at it. It was very inspirational. He is an excellent speaker. Our youth were called by the stake presidents to participate in a trek of San Juan Hill for our youth conference this summer. They had the youth stand and issued a call. The spirit was very strong and confirmed to me that we are doing something that will help them in their struggles. I am excited for it. We will start preparing now, till June.

4. Feeling the need to pray and feeling the spirit near as I express gratitude to my Heavenly Father.
5. Elder Hollands testimony of the BOM. How I needed to hear it.

5 comments:

kelley said...

*tears of joy*

I'm so happy for Kellen and his girlfriend.

your yard looks lovely.

How exciting to have Gerald Lund speak.

Nat said...

Congrats, Kellen!

carol daniels said...

I want to hear more about Kellen's girlfriend. I am so happy for him! It's been a long time coming. Congratulations Kellen!!!

Your yard is so beautiful. I feel so much gratitude during this time of year, too. Fall is breathtaking with all the beautiful colors souurounding us.

That must have been a real treat to hear Gerald Lund speak.

Have you had any luck finding the "If I should die" book? I still need to get to Price to look at the calendars. I don't dare go down with all the flu in the area.

Patty said...

Congrats to Kellen and Lydia. They make a cute couple. Leslie, I want a Teddy Bear Calendar again this year. Do you have one? Let me know. The Fall leaves are beautiful.

Heidi said...

Yeah! Congratulations Kellen! I am so happy for them.
Sounds like your fireside was wonderful. I would have enjoyed hearing that. It reminds me a little of our trip to Martin's Cove. Even thinking about that trip brings the spirit closer. I hope that you have a great expierence with your youth!