Friday, October 21, 2011

My Mother's testimony


My mother passed away on Oct 5, 2011. My heart aches so much that I haven't been able to comment on other family members blogs or do a blog about it. So I thought I would share some things out of her journals.
I was looking for a scripture that she wanted to have us read to her the day before she died. She said she had it written in the last entry of her journal. I couldn't find it but I found this written on the very back page in the journal.
"Ever since I was baptized the gospel has meant everything to me. It has been my very breath, my mantle of protection against temptation, my consolation in sorrow , my joy and my glory throughout all my days, and my hope of eternal life."
"I am so grateful to a loving mother who had a need to see we were baptized. When i was 12 years old, she walked with me to the Tabernacle in Price to have the ordinance performed. From that time on I felt the Holy Ghost guiding me and protecting me. I didn't always listen but as I look back on my life I know he was there."
Mom's journals are full of her testimony. It is such a joy to see that her life was focused on the Savior and doing all possible to return to him not for herself but to be an example to her posterity.

6 comments:

Jens and Patricia said...

So Beautiful! We miss her also.

carol daniels said...

Mom's testimony has always been so firm and unshakable. She has always been my beacon of light. I learned to have faith from her example. These last few months have been such a testimony builder on the truthfulness of the gospel and the plan of salvation. Mom personally taught me many spiritual lessons, through the power and gift of the Holy Ghost. I know she is at peace, both spiritually and physically. How can she not be? We watched her "become" the sum of her life. She surely went through the refiner's fire and became sanctified through the process.

I am sure there was a glorious reunion when she was finally able, again, to be with dad, her parents, brothers and sisters, and ancestors that she so diligently researched.

I miss mom terribly. My heart hurts, too. I am so thankful for the faith and knowledge of life eternal. I can't wait to hug my mother again and tell her how much I've missed her and love her!

Thanks for posting her testimony Leslie. I hope you continue to share those things that would help build her posterity's testimonies. That is what she would want.

carol daniels said...

Leslie,

I wanted to copy your "Haycock Lane" pictures to a folder on my computer. I thought I just needed to click and copy. It's not letting me do it. Do you know what I need to do and is it all right that I have the pictures?

How did your R.S. lesson go?

Leslie said...

I don't know how to do it. It is okay with me to use any pictures you want. My lesson is next Sunday. How did your's go?

Kelsey said...

What a wonderful gift she has left us, her testimony. Thanks for sharing Leslie. Grandma's testimony is very powerful.

kelley said...

She did take advantage of every opportunity to share her testimony. She was a strength to me my whole life.