Monday, October 24, 2011

Moms Journal---April 22 2008

"We are all children of God.  He has placed us here on earth to prepare to be like him.  He has placed us here to teach the spirits entrusted in our care to return to Him.   It is the most important thing we can do.  He has given and blessed us with six of his choice spirits and I pray that we have fulfilled that assignment.  I feel that each of you do have a strong testimony of the Savior and His plan of Salvation.  I glory in this and it fills my heart with pleasure.   May each of you keep the gift of your Savior in your hearts always.  You have come forth and partaken of that fruit of the Tree of Life offered you.  May we all fulfill that assignment to prepare each of your children to partake.  I love each one of you with all my heart and have been so grateful to each one of you for your loving help and kindness toward me since your father left us.  It is what has helped me through.  My greatest strength has come from my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love him with all my heart.  He has blessed me with a comforting peace.  I pray that your father and I have fulfilled his assignment for your eternal care.  Please keep it burning bright by living close to him always.  Through scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon.  In its words you will find eternal life.  In the name of Jesus Christ . Amen.

5 comments:

Patty said...

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for doing this for us. I know it takes time from your busy life and I know that can't be easy for you. I do so appreciate it. I would like all my kids to come here and read what you put on here.

I am so grateful for Mom's testimony and her teachings. My heart hurts all the time. I didn't think I would miss our daily chats like I am.

I hope that each of you will put up with me calling you once in awhile. I so need the contact with each of you. I know Mom and Dad want me to help us keep together the best we can.

I Love you Mom and Dad. I love the Legacy of Love that you left to us and you left us with a great Love for our Savior. We can look forward to an Eternal life with you.. Remember Dad when you told me that if we bring just one soul back to Father in Heaven, how great would be your joy. You asked me who that one soul was. I thought about it and answered, my own. You smiled and said that is correct. I am trying everyday to save my soul, but I desire to bring my children with me. I hope that I can teach them the Gospel like you taught me. I love and miss you both..

Kelsey said...

Thanks for sharing Leslie. Grandma was a very special lady. I feel blessed to be her Granddaughter. That is a very nice picture of Grandma.

carol daniels said...

I am so thankful for mom's testimony and that you are sharing it with us. I am copying each thing you post to a word document. It know it will give me strength and courage to always stay close to the Savior as I read it over and over again. My kids will also get copies, just in case they don't get on your blog and read it.

Thanks, Leslie.

I posted a comment on my photo a day blog after you made your comment. You can view it now.

carol daniels said...

One more thing, Leslie. Please include the date with each entry. I think that is very valuable information, at least for me. You can email me the dates of the two posts you have already done.

Thanks!

caroldaniels.13@gmail.com

Leslie said...

The date is posted in the title. The first entry is just on the very back page of her last journal with no date.