Thursday, January 28, 2010

365 days or maybe---52 weeks

I decided I would try to join in the 365 days of posting pictures of what we did that day. I am not sure I will find time to do it so it may end up a weekly posting. Since I am starting late here is my January.

Snow ---lots of it




Sledding









Baylor's cold cheeks





Brody enjoying the snow.





Going through Greenriver on my way to Price to Aunt Nedra's funeral.







Stopped to visit Dad's grave on my way back to Blanding. Aunt Nedra's funeral made me long for those wonderful moments standing around the camp fire at the Richardson Ruin as Dad, Uncle Rudy, Tommy and Catherine slung all the insults they could muster at each other. Waking up to Uncle Gordon and Uncle Frank doing their holler. Wonderful hikes with Uncle Gordan. I swear he was the pied piper, all the children loved him and wanted to follow him wherever he would take us. Aunt Ruth's fiestiness. Grandma Bates laugh. Those were wonderful days and wonderful memories. How grateful I am that I was so much a part of these good people's lives.
It Was good to hear Tammy Jones laugh, Torry's incredible wit and sense of humor. (I think we are probably all "Freaks of Nature") Good one , Kelley and Torry. Jean Jones kind hand . Marilyn Pasketts wonderful smiling eyes( I always wanted mine to look like hers) Sometimes when I look in the mirror I wonder if I would have smiled more would they look like hers.



What a wonderful weekend it was. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with mom. I am sorry and sad at how much pain she is in.




Snow being removed off the streets and loaded in a big semi on my way home.
I spent two weeks of the month working on Kellen and Lydia's wedding quilt. It is off being bound or I would post pictures of it. It felt like I lived all month quilting but I enjoyed it. It has been a while since I quilted.
So I think this about wraps up my January.








6 comments:

Nat said...

You'll definitely have to post pictures of the quilt!

I love your smile! It takes up your whole face. Your eyes crinkle up just like Grandpa's did. :)

Rachel said...

Blanding got hit with so much snow this month! Crazy! I wish I new about aunt Nedra's funeral. I would have liked to go. I sure wish grandma felt better too. I'm gonna go to the hospital on saturday to see her. If she's still there.

Heidi said...

Wow, that was a lot of snow that you got!
That shot of the backlit branch is absolutely beautiful!
You have so many wonderful photos in your collection I can't even begin to pick a favorite!
I love quilting, but don't do it very often. I can't wait to see the finished product!
I am really excited that you've decided to join in on the fun! Are you going to link up and let people come and see your week? Just curious.
Thanks for sharing your week, and I can't wait to see what you post next time!

Heidi said...

Well actually thanks for sharing your month, sorry. I promise I was paying attention. I'm just tired. :)

Patty said...

What wonderful times we had at the Richardson Ruin. I love all my aunts, uncles, and cousins and feel really blessed to have the relationship I had and have with them. I loved it when I would stay with Uncle Gordon and Aunt Elaine. She would let Carol and I dress up in all her jewelery. What fun we had. I loved my trip with them when they took me to Montana. I remember with fondness the times that Aunt Nedra and Uncle Check let me stay with them. And grandma Richardson. I loved the morning time with her while waiting to the school bus to come. She was so wise and loved all her family from the oldest to the youngest. I loved how she left her family history books sitting on her dining room table so everyone could read and look through them. She certaintly inspired me to keep my history. Uncle Frank, how loved him. I will never forget when he put his arm around me at a Richardson gathering and said "Family is what its all about, never forget that." Grandma Bates, I think of her every day and miss her so much. I loved her creativity, her paintings, her wonderful smile and her glorious laugh. What wonderful memories to take into Eternity.

kelley said...

I'm glad you're going to participate too. This should be fun. We'll have to get Mal on board to. I love all your fun in the snow pictures. The one at green river is breath taking. Don't we live in a beautiful place? Aunt Nedra's funeral was nice. I love the Richardson's--we laughed and laughed. How many of you know that Todd and Kathy Richardson have a 1 month old baby girl? I was shocked but it was so much fun catching up with the cousins. I miss all the ones that have passed on as well. It looks like aunt pearl will be next--the last of the original family. I've been missing dad too. I've gone to the cemetery twice. It's been beautiful in the snow and I've seen deer both times. I've felt like dad has been close to mom this past month, I've prayed often that he would comfort her. I think he's near. I loved this post leslie. Thanks for coming up and thanks for cleaning mom's house. It always looks and feels so nice when you leave. You have a special talent for freshening a place up.

Love you