Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beautiful San Juan County

I still have been very busy doing the Census work. I am so ready for it to be done. I have seen so many roads in San Juan Co. I am actually getting sick of all the scenery. It is nice to know where different roads are now. When people talk about these areas I actually know where they are. This is a stream bed located by Moss Back Road. I thought it was really pretty.
The wild flowers in the red dirt and rock look very pretty also.





Lake Powell as seen driving down Blue Notch Road. A road we traveled on with dad when we were little. It went on forever and use to be quite narrow. It is better now a days. Not to steep or narrow. I did however go on a Road Call Radium King Road. Talk about major switch backs. My GPS signal stayed in the same place for two hours as I went back and forth on the switch backs. It took me 2 1/2 hours to go 40 miles.



Scene on top of Blue Notch Road. I am so ready to go back to my life of MOTHER and HOUSEWIFE. I will post about this later when I can get my feelings and thoughts together. I t has been interesting and something way out of my comfort zone driving on all these roads all by myself. I will probally finish up this week or next. I am down at Hallscrossing and Hole in the Rock road this week. Pretty rough territory.



8 comments:

Jamie said...

Very pretty! How much longer do you have before you're done?

cad said...

I think I would have got sick from 2 1/2 hours of switch backs! Beautiful scenery, though. I bet you can't wait for next week to be over with. Be careful in that rugged territory. You will need a nice long rest after this one.

Leslie said...

I should finish up the end of this week or I may go into next week a few days. It is a huge area. It goes down the San Juan River to Lake Powell.

Patty said...

Sounds like you have had quite a job . Are you verifing address's.
I'll bet you will be glad when you are finished. It is pretty country that you are covering.

Leslie said...

We actually drive every single road in San Juan Co. looking for anything that could be called a living quarter. It could be a cardboard box or a cave. As long as it looks like someone is living there. I actually have found a few caves people live in.

Rachel said...

Wow I don't know if I would have the patience for that. ppl actually are living in caves??

Heidi said...

2 1/2 hours to go 40 miles! I will never complain about the again. I hope life at home will be restful when you are done.

kelley said...

I remember driving on Blue Notch Road once in Allred's motor home. It was very scary. glad you're almost done.