Saturday, April 25, 2009

BUSY IN THE STICKS

I have been busy the last month working for the Census
Bureau. I am helping to update maps. One of the areas I have been working in is down by Lake Powell. I have seen some beautiful country. They actually send me up in the mountains and out in the boondocks. Brian , Mall, Brody and Rye went with me today. This is down by Hite. You can see the Henry Mountains in the back ground.
This is on Horse Tank Rode up to Squaw Peak. I am sure these sights are familiar to those who grew up in the Bates household.

Small arch at the top of Fry Canyon. The wind was blowing very hard. You can see Brian's clothes blowing.

8 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like a lot of fun work. Those are beautiful pictures that you took.

Jamie said...

I first want to say that I love your family picture on your header. You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!

Looks like you've been enjoying yourself in the great outdoors.

kelley said...

I love the pictures

you have been busy!

cad said...

No wonder we haven't heard from you in awhile! I wondered where you went. The pictures are beautiful. Are you enjoying the census job? I think I would..... just being out in beautiful Southeastern Utah would be a treat. How much longer will you be doing that?

Leslie said...

I am enjoying it to an extent. I love seeing all this country and roads I didn't know existed. But it makes me nervous being in these remote areas all by myself. We are supposed to finish up in June. It is also very demanding they want you out everyday. I am directionaly challenged so I hope I am getting the maps right.

Nat said...

How pretty! I have never been to Lake Powell. It looks like fun!

kayerj said...

how are thins going with the census? thanks for leaving a comment about "Cold Sassy Tree" on my other blog. I love the passage you left. I'm going to read that book this summer

Ellen said...

I love the pictures. I worried about you out in those "boonies" by yourself.Glad you made it through safely and are through. Many of those scenes looked so familiar. I loved going there with your Dad. We stayed at Fry Canyon many times. Did you see the cabin? I remember the arch. Thanks for sharing.

I loved the visit for Memorial Day with you and Hannah/ And going to Jimmy and Andrews farewell meeting and party. It was fun teaching Hannah "America". she learns fast. Sorry you had to work so hard, but I sure appreciate all you did. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Love you Much, Mom