I know I already posted this on Patty's comments but I would just like to share it with you here. The finding of Thomas Jefferson Bates father has been a long and interesting road. Funny thing he was always just right there in front of our noses. He owned land in Ark. along with his sons. We just had a few missing puzzle pieces that finally came together. The morning
Bill sent me the e-mail that it was confirmed I broke out in (loud) gut wrenching sobs. Close to how it was the day dad died. I was so over joyed I couldn't contain my emotions. I have spent many hours late into the night searching and learning the history of the states and counties trying to unravel the puzzle but nothing seemed to go anywhere. Thanks to a good tip that was given to Bill the puzzle was solved. I also felt dad very near to me and the joy he also felt. I know there were angels near that morning to confirm our find.
After dad died I had an interesting experience. While we were at mom's and preparing the funeral I would recive little revelations about the patriarchal order. But I didn't quite know what I was being taught. The day Mallory and Brian were married in the Manti temple the sealer invited everyone to leave except the parents and Mallory and Brian. He pointed up to the chandelier and told us how symbolic it was of the order of the priesthood. It begins with us as individuals and then the God head then extends out to all others in our family. The chandelier had one crystal in the center and then surrounded by three on the next level then burst out into many crystals. As he was making this analogy I had the patriarchal order revealed to me . Dad was at the head of our family and everyone was there and every one was important to the family order. Then it went on with us establishing our own households. I can't put into words what I saw but it was wonderful and I felt very important that we establish righteous households and cherish each other. I know I can't explain it very well but I don't have the words for it.
All I know is that each one of us is important in our family unit. If one is missing the unit is not complete. We still have work to do on the family History. Mom needs help with hers and we still need to find some of Thomas Jefferson's siblings. Also a marriage date on Zachariah and the name of his wife. I look forward to being in the temple with you all.
9 comments:
nice post Leslie, congratulations on finding Thomas Jefferson Bates.
I too had it confirmed to me that we had the right person. I felt a great joy. I didn't burst into tears though. I got goosebumps all over. I hope to help in the Temple. I hope some of you in the next generation will catch the spirit of genealogy. There is much still to do as Leslie has said. The more of you that help will help us find our missing ancestors.
I'm glad that you had such a wonderfull feeling. Geneology is very important. I will try and follow everyones example and start poking around in it.
That was a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!
Our family is so very important... every last one, and we just keep growing. Thanks for sharing your temple experience about the chandelier, and your testimony. I attended the Logan Temple yesterday and felt so much joy in doing the work of our ancestors. I know this work is important and true. We can not be saved without our ancestors, nor them without us. I am so thankful for the blessings of the Temple, and I look forward to being with all of you in March. I am also happy to be a part of the searching now. Genealogy is catching.
I think the most touching geneology experience that I have ever had was a Martin's Cove. When we stood at the foot of the cove and said all the names that came across the plains you could feel them their with us. I learned about a little family that was in the handcart company, it was so wonderful and so rewarding. I haven't done anything since then but one day I hope to get into it.
(Posted by Heidi)
Nice post. Thanks for sharing your testimony. Grnadpa taught me how to love geneology. Going on trips with him and grandma we'd stop at every cemetary and courthouse along the way. I love cemetaries to this day. They are exciting storybooks waiting to be opened. I didn't know Thomas Jefferson Bates had been found. Congratulations everyone.
Glad this day finally came! Our RS lesson was on Temple work and family history and I shard this expeirence, glad that you guys never gave up. Maybe one of these days I will help out.
Thomas Jefferson Bates was found...LOL...The person we found is Zachariah Bates , his father. We have been looking for him for years, and now we have made the link. We can actually start looking in England now, because we know who was Zachariah's father and where he was from.
Post a Comment