Saturday, August 28, 2010

South Fork Colorado

While Kassie was visiting this summer we took a fast overnight trip with six of the seven grandkids. We went to South Fork Co. and stayed in a cabin. It was a lot of work keeping everyone happy but it was also a lot of fun. This is a picture of the kids throwing rocks in the pond at the bottom of a water fall.

Haven, Brody and Baylor checking out the chipmunks. They would come eat food out of your hands.


The view at the top of the waterfall.



Rye feeding the chipmunks.





On the trail to the waterfall.





Checking out a baby chip munk. Rye and Hannah were a lot of help with the little kids on this trip. Thank goodness Rye was with us because Baylor wanted him the whole time. His mom and dad weren't with us and I think he was a little nervous about it.
Brody and Haven playing in the play house cabin at the resort.
Ellie sweeping the front porch.
We saw lots of beautiful scenery.

5 comments:

kelley said...

that looks like a fun hike, and what spectacular scenery.

the reason you don't have a background image is because "Cutest Blog on the Block" stores their images at photobucket. Recently photobucket started charging and so I think I read on the cutest blog they were looking for someplace else to store their images.

Rachel said...

It looks so beautiful up there! What a fun overnight trip!

carol daniels said...

Look like you have been doing some fun stuff.... to your blog and with the family.

The scenery is so beautiful in Colorado. And the kids looked like they had so much fun making memories with the other cousins. It reminds me of our younger days when our kids were little.

It's kind of weird being the grandma now, isn't it? I miss not doing things with my sisters! Time marches on, doesn't it.

carol daniels said...

Leslie,

What's your new calling? I don't think I can wait.... maybe I will have to call you.

I have a part on next week's R.S. lesson. It's on Personal Progress and R.S. I am suppose to share my experiences in working with my daughterson it.

I was also going to ask you how the Personal Progress has strenghtened you as you have worked on it and sharing it with us on the blog. email me at carold57@q.com or call me at 435-723-0255

kelley said...

I miss doing the sister stuff too--we should set aside a day or two a year and just do something together as sisters.