1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? Lets see where do I begin.... Doug Hussey as a freshman. Marty VanWagner as a Junior. My senior year someone for East Carbon. Then a few others in between.
2. WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? Yellowish , orange , Datsun station wagon.
3.DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Yes, no problem. After three days in the Drivers Ed car, I put my hand wrong on the steering wheel and Jackie Ray hit me and I started to cry. He accussed me of learning to drive wrong because I had been driving illegally before the class. I told him my first experience driving was with him in the Drivers Ed car.
4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? Not at all. I went to a few and was sickened at the way people acted when they were drunk. But my friends were. I stayed home my senior year because all my friends were out to the parties.
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Probally, but only with boys I liked.
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Never, I don't have a musical bone in my body. I think I am totally tone deaf. Music was always extremely hard for me. Took seven years of piano and can't play anything but Book of Mormon Stories.
7.WERE YOU A NERD? I always thought I was. I always considered my self quirky. But I liked myself.
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? I was on the gymnastics team and I loved every minute of it. I started out on CEU's but got married right around time to start competition. I was the stat person for the volley ball team. The coach wouldn't let me try out because he was afraid I would break. I only weighed 95 lbs.
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No way.
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Unfortunetly , YES! I think it is ingrained in my brain forever . Sometimes it just pops into my head.
11.WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Most definitely Mr Olsen's Biology class, Mrs. Llewellyn, Mrs Paulos---English. Although I totally hated English.
12. WHER DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? In the cafeteria my first year,one of the lunch ladies really liked me and would hug me everyday and smash me into her gigantic bosums, I hated it.. Went to Sheralds Drive In my junior year. Went home my senior year.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Carbon High School.
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLOR'S? Dinosaur, blue and white.
15.DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? We couldn't have night dances because of violence and drugs, alcohol. So it was during the day. I think one of the homecomings I danced with Mark Jones, he waltzed divinely. He was quite the gentleman.
16.IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? I loved my High School years with not many regrets but I am very happy with how my life is going and wouldn't go back.
17.wHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? I went with a group of friends to Huntington and went water skiing. The boat ran out of gas and we had to paddle back to shore. We were almost late for graduation. Also the Class President getting up before it started and announced she was passing a hat around for donations for the Kegg. John P. , a boy I dated wanted to spend graduation night with me. He was from East Carbon. I wanted to be with my friends so he took me to the Mormon keg at Huntington Lake where we had Root beer and HotDogs. It was a okay night but nothing special.
18. WHERE DID YOU GO YOUR SENIOR SKIP DAY? I think they went to Lagoon, but I don't remember going.
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? I was secretary in the DECA club. I was also in Drama.
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SCINCE THEN? YES, I weighed pretty much the same I did in High School for 18 years. Then when I hit 36 it all fell apart.
21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? I went all three years but only enjoyed one. I went with Doug olson my Freshmen year. I told him no at first , I said I was going to Lake Powell. He said " I hope you drown". My mom made me go with him. I wore one of Alisa"s dresses, I had a miserable night. Junior year I went with Kenny Bawden, It was okay nothing special. My senior Year I went with John.
22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? I went to my five year, it cost about 200.00. Paid mostly for everyones alcohol. Vowed I would never go again. A boy who I hated because he was so crude and mean to me was nice to me and it made me mad.
23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? I worked at the Italian Place starting at the age of 14. I loved it. Worked at the Niche Resteraunt for a while my senior year. Terrible environment, the people were evil. They were a religious group called the Fourth Way, they believed they were Aliens and fell off another planet and landed on Earth. Worked at Price Trading Company, a furniture store as a secretary. I loved this job.
8 comments:
Learn new things everyday. I especially liked the lunch lady with big busoms, mom making you go to the prom with a guy that wished you would drown, nearly missing your graduation and working with a cult! You had some experiences I missed out on! Fun Tag!
Fun Tag. I didn't know you were on the gymnastic team. I knew you use to teach it. I love to watch gymnastics though. My Mom would take us to the Spectrum at USU to watch Kim Johnson compete. Lots of fun. Scary working at that resteraunt with those wierdos.
Wow Leslie! Your high school post made me laugh! You had quite an eventful time. It was so funny. I loved the busom lady story. I am back from Europe and will bring pictures and stories to Price. See you on Thanksgiving. Oh, by the way, I need 6 calendars. My kids look forward to their new calendars every year for Christmas. I will call you tomorrow. Carol
I learned some things I would never have known! Thanks for sharing!
Wow, working for aliens! That must have been a real riot. LOL.
I learnded new things about you too, thanks for sharing. Would you bring me my bear calendar? I love my yearly bear calendar.
Leslie,
Jens and Patricia have gone private and I don't have their e-mail address. Would you see it they will send an invite to me so I can still read their blog? My address is petepb@q.com. Thanks.
funny, funny!
Leslie,
That was a great tag for you. If I remember right you were very popular in high school according to Grandma.She said you were always her beautiful fawn. LOL!
Post a Comment