Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer 08

Windowsill in Interlaken, Switzerland.
Rye and Wilbur.
Kassie and girls saying goodbye to Grandma Bates before they fly back to Michigan.

Kassie and girls spent three weeks with us this summer.
we sure enjoyed them and miss them.







Hannah and Baylor.

Hannah on her first day of third grade.




The Swiss Alps. Very beautiful and amazing.
Castle in Switzerland.
Looking up at the Eiffel Tower.
Fountains at Versaille. Josephine and Napoleon lived here. Gardens are unbelievable. They go on forever.








Looking at Paris on top of the Eiffel Tower. I was brave enough to go to the top this time.




Mc Donalds , Paris style.

Interlaken, Switzerland.
We ate at a lot of these little stands in the train stations. This station is in Lousanne Switzerland.

Interlaken.


Water tap at Mont St. Michel


Garden outside of Abbey at Mt. Saint Michel

Normandy, pretty amazing site to see 10,000 graves and know most of them died in a very short time of each other.
Kellen on Omaha Beach, very peaceful compared to what happened on D-Day.


Outdoor cafe in St. Raphael. Southern France has fields of sunflowers and laendar. It is very beautiful.

Train Station in Paris France that has been made in to the Museum Dorsee. The train station was very beautiful. It outdid some of the paintings and statues.

Fountain in Castle courtyard , Switzerland.
Castle in Switzerland. Loved it! It was very cool.
Resteraunt in Switzerland near castle.


Cieling in one of the rooms in Castle. They said it was done by the Bermise when they took over the castle.
Street in southern FranceAntibes, near a church.
Typical street in Europe.
The Eiffel Tower and the Siene River.










8 comments:

KT said...

Looks like you had the most exciting summer of us all. I would love to travel to another country. How many different places did you go?

Nice to hear from you,
Kerstina

You can visit me at gkthayn.blogspot.com
TTFN

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Good job mom, you finally updated your blog!! What a busy summer you had, glad that we were part of it!

Kelsey said...

I bet that was nice to have Kassie and her girls over for a while. The pictures of France and Switzerland are beautiful. I would love to visit there some day. I have forgotten most of the French I learned. I will have to get a few lessons from Lyle.

kelley said...

Wonderful, amazing trip, thanks for sharing.
It was great to see Kassie and the girls, bet you loved it more than us. I'll bet Hannah is really missing them.
Hannah you looked great on the first day of school!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie,
Looks like a fun trip. Kellen is such a nice looking kid. Still needs a wife huh?
Jenny

kelley said...

it's sept 4th and I remember it's Lyle's birthday--Happy Birthday Lyle. Here's a quote to brighten up your day

Inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong

whitefamily said...

Thanks for the comment you left on our blog! That was really sweet of you. Also, it was really great to hear from you.

I love your blog. You have a beautiful family!

What a fun vacation! It is beautiful over there. I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. =)

Jamie

cad said...

I know this is a little late, but I looked at all your pictures and now I can hardly wait to go to Europe. It looks like such a beautiful place. Your family is growing, Leslie. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful summer entertaining kids and grandkids! Carol